Home Based ABA Intake Procedure
Your child’s time is precious! We begin with a few simple steps to determine if we can enroll your child. These factors include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis. Insurance will not cover ABA therapy without a diagnosis of ASD. We can begin the process of enrollment if you have a scheduled appointment for a diagnosis from a medical professional.
- Location of patient.
Our providers live in various areas throughout Illinois, Wisconsin and Northwest Indiana. If location of treatment is near another patient, less travel time means more available time for treatment!
We will contact your insurance provider to determine ABA benefits allowed.
- Intake Interview
Following the initial contact, we will set up an Intake Interview. This is not an evaluation, but a screening to determine your child’s general skill level and an estimate of recommended hours for treatment. You will be asked to complete a short assessment. Direct observation of your child’s skills/behaviors and your child’s assessment scores will determine a range of hours that will likely be recommended.
- Schedule of patient.
We then review if your child’s schedule will allow sufficient time for effective treatment.
- If your child’s schedule allows for ABA therapy, we will conduct a formal evaluation, including a treatment care plan and recommended hours per week.
- Since a treatment care plan requires a minimum of 8 hours to write, please allow 8-10 days for a copy of the plan.
- If your insurance requires a pre-authorization for ABA therapy, we will send the care plan to your insurance and await approval. It typically takes 5-10 days for a response.
- Once approved, we continue achieving more milestones!